- Creating a monthly budget...and sticking to it.
- Getting talked into signing up for that credit card to get the discount...and then failing to pay it off and racking up years of interest charges.
- Picking from a huge list of investment options in your 401k...so you just decide not to invest in the 401k this month, and the next month, etc.
- Knowing how much of a risk taker you really are...until a bear market hits, and you end up selling off everything at the bottom.
- Trying to figure out who and what to put in your will...so why bother. And then your kids end up having to unravel your complicated financial life after you die.
- Knowing you need life insurance to protect your family...but then answering all of those detailed questions on the application overwhelms you, so you opt for a beer instead.
Let’s face it, most of us have some degree of 'do-it-yourself' syndrome at times. However, based upon the number of magazines, TV shows, and pundits spewing advice every moment of the day, it is no surprise that we get overwhelmed, and even our best intentions to do-it-yourself gets scuttled. That is why it is important to have people in your life that you trust, and that will help keep you accountable. We love to trust our relatives and friends who seem to have good ideas, but let’s be honest, even these people are sometimes a little questionable in the reliability department. Whoever that person is, especially when it comes to helping you manage such a simple thing as money, make sure they are worthy of your trust, and able to help you get it done! This is where finding a true professional can make a huge difference in your life, because they are skilled at taking the complicated and confusing world of money, and making it simple.